Video Editor & Media Creator
About African Bush Camps
At African Bush Camps, we’re a group of travellers and nature lovers who want to show guests this amazing continent in all its glory. Our mission is to share and conserve Africa, together. This intention flows through everything we do – from our consultants designing the perfect safari, to the camp hosts making everyone feel immediately welcome, to our guides ready to teach travellers about Africa’s wildlife. Being part of a purpose driven marketing team will allow you to use your skills in a dynamic and creative way while promoting one of the best things in life, travel.
About the job
We are looking for a full-time media creation expert to join the team at African Bush Camps. ABC is putting quality and quantity of video at the forefront of our marketing strategy and we need someone with the skill to pull together videos for multiple channels from footage taken by in-country professional videographers, guests, and staff.
We need someone who loves the art of creating the perfect clip and who is always looking for a way to innovate and tell a story to our guests and partners.
Competent videography and photography skills would be advantageous, but not essential as this is predominantly an editing role.
Proficiency with the Adobe Suite is essential – including Premier Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator
Based on the above your responsibilities will include:
- Planning shoots and creating storyboards
- Post-production editing of both new and archived footage
- Liaising with camp staff to ensure quality raw media is obtained from guides and hosts
- Briefing in-country contractors and ensuring quality of raw footage
- Building and maintaining a comprehensive library of footage for easy access
- Enforcing adherence to our Child Protection Policy when filming/ shooting is occurring in the communities
- Recording and editing voice-overs
- Ensuring the secure storage and management of raw and edited footage
- You are a talented video editor with at least 2 years’ related experience
- Excellent post-production editing skills
- An understanding of best practice media creation
- Innovative with a desire to deliver exceptional work
- You are passionate about Africa, conservation and safari travel
- You are socially confident and enjoy building and fostering relationships
Salary is dependent on experience and quality of previous work.
To apply for the role, please email your CV, Cover Letter and any work examples to email@example.com.